Nebraska 18 Hour CE Renewal Package
Nebraska 18 Hour CE Renewal Package covers major environmental hazards. Licensees need to familiarize themselves with environmental issues because they have a responsibility to disclose environmental information to buyers that might affect their decision to buy a property. Environmental hazards can dramatically affect a property’s appeal, value and comparative safety; buyers, sellers, lenders and licensees can all thus be significantly affected by these problems.
Tax Favorable Real Estate Transactions
The concluding lesson in this module presents real-world dilemmas and concrete applications of the information presented in the rest of the course. As the student completes this module, he or she should try to develop a broad picture of tax-favorable real estate transactions and how they fit into the larger practice of real estate. The last lesson will help with this project by presenting comprehensive content questions, practice problems and case studies.
Liens, Taxes and Foreclosures
This module discusses liens, taxes and foreclosures. There are many types of liens, as well as several kinds of taxes, that can attach to a parcel of real estate. When borrowers default on a debt, foreclosure is the process by which lienholders collect the unpaid portion of a debt. Because liens represent an interest in real property, it is crucial that real estate licensees develop an in-depth understanding of liens and lien-related issues. Such knowledge also helps licensees to better advise buyers and sellers.
Real Property Ownership and Land Use
This module explores the meaning of real property ownership and the differences between real estate and personal property. Although these terms are often used interchangeably in everyday conversation, there are different rights associated with these different commodities. It is important that licensees understand the differences between them and are able to explain the distinctions to their clients and customers.
Code of Ethics
This course covers the standards of conduct and ethical judgment by addressing the different concepts that contribute to ethical business practices. This course will introduce the student to ethics and morals by defining both terms in order to distinguish differences between the two. The student will also learn the four approaches to ethical decision-making; therefore, after learning the Articles and Standard Practices of the NAR® Code of Ethics, the student will be able to use the model identify any violations of the Code.
Courses included Nebraska 18 Hour CE Renewal Package:
- Environmental Hazards (3 Hours Elective)
- Code of Ethics (6 Hours Required)
- Tax Favorable Real Estate Transactions (3 Hours Elective)
- Liens, Taxes and Foreclosures (3 Hours Elective)
- Real Property Ownership and Land Use (3 Hours Elective)
Requirements for Completing Nebraska 18 Hour CE Renewal Package
There are three important steps to completing a course:
- Complete ALL lessons in the course by answering each question correctly at least twice. Most questions are timed and need to be answered within the prescribed time for credit. A lesson is not complete until it is checked off on the main menu.
- Once you have completed the lessons on the computer, you must submit a signed “Student Affidavit” that you personally completed the entire course yourself. Under state law, this Affidavit must be received before a Course Completion Certificate can be issued or your course completion can be electronically reported to your state (if applicable).
- If a final exam is required, you must schedule a proctored exam (or take an online exam if available in your state) and pass the exam (please see “State Requirements” page for the specific passing score required in your state.) (The “Course Available” page will indicate which courses require a final exam, and whether they require a proctor or are available online.)
Once these three steps have been completed, we will issue a Course Completion Certificate or electronically report your course completion to your state (if applicable).
Getting Credit for Completion of Nebraska 18 Hour CE Renewal Package
You may have up to two opportunities to pass the exam (depending on your states guidelines). Once all course requirements are completed, you will be issued a Course Completion Certificate or your course completion will be electronically reported to your state (if applicable). It will be mailed to you via the U.S. Mail. The Certificate will be placed in the mail within 3-5 business days after you have satisfied all course requirements.
Renewal Deadlines: November 30th every two years. Click here for Regulator Website